Do you want to build technology that’s used for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As Electrical Engineer at Tortuga, you’ll be core to the development of our robotic harvesting system’s electrical heart. You’ll work in component selection, board design, firmware programming, and packaging of the electrical system. As an early team member, you’ll directly build our success, growth, and culture. You’ll bring deep engineering design and manufacturing expertise while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You are excited to grow your role and leadership as Tortuga grows, and will be compensated with market salary, competitive benefits, and meaningful equity.
What you’ll do
- Own the end-to-end electrical system
- Work with a small, fast-moving engineering team to integrate image and depth sensing, environmental sensing, and electrical support systems for our robotic systems
- Design board sets to implement better interconnects and faster board to board communications
- Implement firmware and low level software for included components
- Work with hardware synchronization of sensors and signals in a robotic environment
- Design battery system to fit mission needs of the robotic harvester
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience in design-to-commercialization of electrical system design
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or relevant degree required
- Prior experience with robotic applications and complex custom board solutions including high frequency circuits and noise reduction is a plus
- Familiarity or excitement about firmware work is a plus
- Startup experience is a major plus
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medica condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or xpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.
Want to learn more or talk first? Send us a note using the form below.