FIELD ROBOTICS ENGINEER
Denver, Colorado, with significant travel
Do you want to build technology that’s used for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As a Field Robotics Engineer at Tortuga, you’ll lead the deployment of our technology and be the first point of contact for our farming customers. You’ll learn the ins and outs of our full robotic stack - controls, mechanical, electrical, software, computer vision and machine learning - so that you can rapidly diagnose and help to fix problems as they happen, or even before they happen. You’ll understand deeply what our customers need, and how we might need to tweak our operations or tech stack to meet those needs. As an early team member, you’ll directly build our success, growth, and culture. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You are excited to grow your role and leadership as Tortuga grows, and will be compensated with market salary, competitive benefits, and meaningful equity.
What you’ll do
- Work with a fast-moving engineering team to identify and track issues in field, capture critical data, and rapidly problem solve solutions across operations, controls, software, and hardware
- Act as the main point of contact in field deployments with our world-leading farmer customers, in places like California, Europe, and the rest of the world
- Shape the role for future hires and deployments, in places like Australia and China
- Travel ~4-6 months of the year (1-week to 1-month increments) to lead successful deployments
What we’re looking for
- B.S. Engineering or relevant degree, with exposure to a variety of engineering disciplines, required
- Exceptional ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem-solve across engineering disciplines
- Exceptional communications ability, in engineering and English
- Excitement and maturity to build relationships with world-leading produce growers and their teams
- Experience with robotic applications and/or computer vision and machine learning is a plus
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.
Want to learn more or talk first? Send us a note using the form below.