MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Do you want to build technology for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As Mechanical Design Engineer at Tortuga, you’ll design, prototype, build, and improve leading-edge robotic systems. You’ll be critical to the success of our autonomous robotic hardware as we solve problems that have never been solved before on commercial farms. You’ll bring deep mechanical design/automation experience while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment.
What you’ll do
- Work with the engineering team (CTO, Director of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, and others) to conceive, revise, improve, and fabricate robotic and automated solutions to solve our customers’ problems
- Test and revise designs for serviceability and reliability in adverse environmental conditions
- If and when necessary, manage vendors, BOMs, part numbers, and design revisions to keep us organized as we scale
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in mechanical design, engineering, or automation
- B.S. mechanical engineering/design, or similar degree required
- Experience with automation components (servos, motors, controllers, and other actuators) required
- Experience thriving in rapid design, prototyping, and iteration cycles required; startups a plus
- Experience bringing complex solutions to market a plus
- Experience with complex, dynamic, and compact electro-mechanical packaging a plus
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.
Want to learn more or talk first? Send us a note using the form below.