Do you want to build technology for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As a Robotics Engineer at Tortuga, you’ll be core to the development of our robotic harvesting system from software controllers, to path planning, autonomous navigation, and everything in between. As an early team member, you’ll directly build our success, growth, and culture. You’ll bring deep engineering design and manufacturing expertise while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You’re excited to grow your role and leadership as Tortuga grows.
What you’ll do
- Build the intelligence behind our autonomous robotics. Own the controller-to-action stack.
- Work directly with the CTO and team to design and execute commercial engineering solutions
- Coordinate and communicate within interdisciplinary teams to design algorithms, implement on prototypes, and troubleshoot field trials
- Module programming in C++ and Python to integrate creative solutions to complex path planning and time optimization problems
What we’re looking for
- 2-5+ years professional experience in software; robotics, controls, and/or autonomous navigation preferred
- B.S. Mechanical/Electrical/Controls Engineering or relevant degree required
- M.S. or Ph.D. same fields preferred
- Deep C++ and Python programming proficiency (prior experience with ROS a plus)
- Startup experience a major plus
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.