SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER / TEAM LEAD
Do you want to build technology that’s used for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead at Tortuga, you’ll own the evolution of our software deployment from single digit robots up to fleets that can manage an entire grow operation. As an early team member, you’ll directly build our success, growth, and culture. You’ll bring deep software development expertise while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You are excited to grow your role and leadership as Tortuga grows, and will be compensated with market salary, competitive benefits, and meaningful equity.
What you’ll do
- Take a leadership role in designing and building the future of the software stack at Tortuga
- Own the evolution of software architecture and tools as we scale engineering and operations
- Interact with and assist controls team with software tasks inside the controls stack
- Develop pure software tools such as: customer GUIs, offline syncing of robotic systems to servers, internal testing software, and aggregating collected data
- Help us develop new and exciting data storage and analysis approaches and new capabilities
- Work with a small, fast-moving engineering team to integrate with the full robotic stack
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience in software development in a production environment; team leadership and cross-discipline coordination is a major plus
- Experience with test-driven development
- B.A. or B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant degree required; M.S. is a plus
- Prior experience with C++ required, and Python is a plus
- Prior exposure to computer vision, machine learning, and controls/robotics is a plus
- Prior experience with AWS is a plus
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medica condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or xpression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.
Want to learn more or talk first? Send us a note using the form below.