SUMMER BUSINESS INTERN (Pre-MBA/MBA/Graduate)
Paid pre-grad or graduate summer internship (8-10 weeks)
Do you want to build technology that’s used for something real and meaningful? Do you want to fight to make the world’s fresh produce healthier, tastier, and more sustainable?
As a Summer Business Intern at Tortuga, you’ll work directly with the CEO, as well as the CTO and engineering team, to build a vision and plan for our business development and growth. As part of an early team, you’ll help to build our success and culture. You’ll bring analytical and problem solving precision while also thriving in a fast-paced, flexible, and energized startup environment. You are open to returning for a full-time role after graduation, but you’re most excited about diving in for a summer.
What you’ll do
- Perform economic research and analysis in support of our strategic and fundraising objectives
- Develop a deep, expert understanding of the unit economics of our customers and various markets
- Build a vision for our short-, medium-, and long-term growth, in collaboration with leadership
- Support business development efforts, including some travel to potential customers
What we’re looking for
- Passion for topics related to our mission (e.g. food and agriculture, sustainability, robotics)
- Desire to “get your hands dirty” in the day-to-day running of an early-stage VC-backed startup
- Demonstrated strengths in:
- Research, financial modeling, market sizing, and other strategy and biz-dev skills
- Working in collaborative, unstructured team environments
- Clear and powerful thinking and communications
- Enrolled in, or about to enroll in, a top MBA or relevant graduate program
Tortuga AgTech’s mission is to build a healthier society, and a thriving ecosystem, through smarter farming. We’re pursuing our mission by building robotic harvesting and precision analytics systems for the world’s leading fresh produce growers (delicious things like strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and herbs). We’re building not just because it’s fun, but because we believe thoughtful, well-built advanced technology can help farmers grow healthier, fresher, more environmentally sustainable produce for everyone. We’re backed by some of the most respected early-stage investors in Silicon Valley, as well as ag industry veterans.
Tortuga means “turtle” in Spanish. Around the world, turtles are symbols of wisdom, patience, and connection to the Earth. We’re proud to be based in Denver, CO - America’s 2nd best place to live according to U.S. News (but does Austin have any mountains? We still think we’re #1).
Tortuga is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a few brief words on why you're interested.
Want to learn more or talk first? Send us a note using the form below.